Saturday, June 14, 2008

home made pasta, pesto and trip to fresh and easy

Today has been very eventfull, in the morning I headed to sing up for decorating classes and my local Michaels (arts and crafts store). Then I returned on my bicycle and got my car to the local auto parts store, then my mom and me headed to fresh and easy to grocery shop!!
http://www.freshandeasy.com/
my favorite part of the day!!!

Arriving at around 4 pm, I set out to do the cooking. I had a lot of basil in the fridge, but didn’t feel the traditional pesto…

So I came up with a funky Three-Cheese-Basil Pasta


Ingredients:

20- 40 basil leaves…finely chopped
4 oz butter
½ cup creamy blue cheese
½ cup shredded parmesan
1 cup feta cheese

Procedure:

Heat a non-stick skillet, melt the butter gradually the three cheese, stirring constantly.
As they become a gooey mass, add the basil and stir. Pour immediately over hot pasta, toss and server.

In this occasion I used home made wheat pasta, but any pasta (fresh or dried) can be used!!

Everyone loved it. Great father’s day recipe!!!

1 comment:

trina said...

Your pasta looks delicious!