Recently I have been baking a lot. So much so my mothers joked that I’m getting her fat!
Taking advantage of all the fruits that are coming up, this springtime, and my oven has been busy! I made beautiful raspberry cupcakes from scratch!
2.75 cups all-purpose flour
1tbsp baking powder
½ cup caster sugar
½ cup powder milk (liquid)
2 oz melted butter
1 cup raspberries
1. Pre-heat oven to 400F
2. Sift flour and powder into bowl, add sugar.
3. Mix egg, milk, butter, and oil into a bowl and mix quickly until combined.
4. Add the raspberries and fold into mixture with spoon.
5. Spoon into prepared muffin cases and fill 2/3.
6. Six 2-25 minutes until center is firm. Let cool serve warm.
Then I made a box cake (box cake?)
Yet they are good for those days when things get hectic, like school in the morning, internship meeting at 2:30 and catering event at 4:00!
Get home at 8:30 super tired, and oddly enough wanting to bake.
So I took out my handy dandy box cake add a few touches and voila!
No one in my family knew it was from a box!
Judge for yourself!!
Simply a Box Cake
1 package (18.25 oz) white cake mix
1.5 oz Splenda
2.5 oz unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
8 oz plain yogurt
8 oz apple sauce
12 oz bitter chocolate chips
4-6 oz fresh strawberries (for garnish)
4oz fresh blueberries
1. Pre-heat oven to 350F
2. In a large mixer bowl, combine cake mix, Splenda, cocoa, eggs, yogurt, and sauce.
3. Beat on low for 1 minute to blend, then on medium speed to 2 minutes. Stir chocolate chips. Spread batter evenly in prepared pan.
4. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until tester comes out clean.
5. Cool then decorate with sliced strawberries and blueberries