Okay, so it’s not as classy as it sounds. I went to Denny’s the other night; turns out they have some new items after 3AM. Don’t ask why I dinned there at 3AM. The one thing that got my attention was the “Potachos” (a combination of potatoes and nacho topping, no tortilla chips involved). My dinning buddy did not approve. I didn’t try them, what a disappointment, right? LOL
However today, I got crafty in the kitchen and made my own version. I loved them, comfort food in an instant! I don’t quite have a name for them yet… IF YOU COME UP WITH ONE, LET ME HEAR IT!!
They seem humble, but oh, my goodness they are super-duper great. I hope everyone tries them. They are sure to be on the top favorite list, they are in mine! Just follow this recipe!! LISTO!!
1lb Danish potatoes (sliced)
½ bell pepper (chopped)
½ onion (chopped)
1 tomato (chopped)
4oz smoked mozzarella cheese (grated)
4oz Havarti cheese (grated)
4oz Sharp cheddar cheese (grated)
1 can black beans
3 sheets Matzo crackers (in pieces)
1. Boil the potatoes until tender (do not over boil or they get mushy)
2. In a pan, put the onion, pepper, tomato. Simmer for 3 minutes
3. Add beans and let simmer for about 5 -7 minutes
4. Assemble, matzo on bottom, then potatoes, pour bean mixture over, top with cheeses.
5. Put in microwave for 1-3 minutes until cheeses are melted.
Conventional oven can be used, in a safe container at 300F for about 3-5 minutes.
Serve with hot sauce or sour cream as desired. Share!!