Sunday, August 10, 2008

Rustic Summer Pizza

Every time I go to a restaurant I see a change to get inspiration. Inspiration can be found in the flavors, in the presentation or in the ingredients themselves!
About a month ago I went to file a job application at a new bar that’s opening in Anaheim, California. After filing the paper application and getting no immediate response, I and my faith companion perused trough plaza (near Disneyland). I should mention lunchtime neared and our stomachs growled from hunger. The choice seemed very easy California Pizza kitchen. Hip, hip hurray!!
As we placed our order consisting of … coffee, hummus appetizer, and mushroom pizza… a table tent called my attention. Pear pizza? Hmmmm? It got me thinking. Of course the thought faded as dessert time neared and caramel cheesecake made its way to our table. Delicious!!

The days passed, the calendar pages flying of the wall as they always do. And then yesterday as I cleaned my pantry to go grocery shopping again, a can of pears peered at me, lonely and forgotten. I had cheese in the fridge, tomato, flour, everything set to prepare a pizza. Lovely! My provolone-pear pizza follows:

Ingredients:
1 can sliced pears
10 cherry tomatoes, sliced
1 cup purple cabbage sliced
15 sliced provolone cheese
½ teaspoon thyme
Homemade or prepackaged pizza dough

Procedure:
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350F. Coat a baking sheet with no-stick spray.
2. Roll- out the dough onto the sheet, place the tomatoes in rows, top with provolone cheese, then put pear and cabbage slices alternately on the pizza.
3. Sprinkle with thyme, bake for about 15 minutes until cheese is bubbly and pizza is crispy.

What is the next restaurant dish that can inspire me!!

1 comment:

sj said...

nummy! I'll bet that was RERALLY good :) Inspiration is a wonderful thing!