Sunday, September 7, 2008

The Last Class Cake


I know, I suddenly stopped writing about the cake decoration classes I was taking at Wilton’s. Well, they were finished at the end of August, the second class! I was very fun and there was way less people than the first one, what an advantage! Every Thursday we leaned flower techniques using Royal Icing, and also Color Flow! We diligently did different types of flower and saved them in long plastic columns called (flower curlers).
The last day we leaned how to do basked weaved with buttercream icing and, to decorate using the sugar flowers we had made the previous weeks.
The end result (in my view) was a beautiful cake that was very hard to eat, because we didn’t want to break it! And though other things got in the way of me, the camera card, and the computer I had to put them up for all to see!!
Sadly school took first place and has to use Thursday night for a Menu class, so cake decorating class 3 will have to wait until December!

5 comments:

Manger La Ville said...

Awesome, you did a great job. What a beautiful cake, for some reason it reminds me of Easter, very much like springtime.

Jessica@Foodmayhem said...

Nice Job! I've forgotten so much stuff from culinary school already...kinda want to take another class, it's so much fun!

Meg said...

I am impressed and I love the birds. I wish I could do this!

Stephanie said...

What a beautiful cake! Great job. I would love to take the Wilton decorating class someday.

Andrea said...

Wow, that cake is insane! I think after all that work I'd cry if I had to cut into it. I can't wait to see what you do with your hard-won skills!